||65 watts, 2.2kg, 0.35 ltr, 15 minutes run time
||Learn More Here!
|Bissell Lift Off 10Z3E
||10.8 watts, 3.2kg, 1 ltr, 12.5 minutes run time
||Learn More Here!
||1010 watts, 1.8kg, 0.3 ltr, 13 minutes run time
||Learn More Here!
Cordless Vacuum For Pet Hair Reviewed
Any pet owner will tell you, one of the hardest things to clean is pet hair. Pet hair being very fine can get imbedded into carpet, upholsteries and rugs. The tiny fibres in the furniture can trap the pet hair in so well, that in order to get it out, you would need a very powerful vacuum.
When looking at vacuums for pet hair, you need to consider firstly the power – which is the most important factor to consider here. Without power, no matter how good the vacuum cleaner is with regards to features and add-ons, it simply will not get the pet hair out of your furniture or your carpet.
Having a vacuum cleaner which is also cordless is a big help, so you can move it around the house with ease and no power cable tugging you back. Along with the cordless factor, your vacuum should also be light to carry – because, lets face it, a light vacuum cleaner will be so much easier to lift and do the sofas, stairs and even curtains and other apparels in the home. With today’s technology having light vacuum cleaners is almost taken for granted – gone are the days when you had to be a professional weight lifter to take one up the stairs!
In this post, I will review the top three vacuum cleaners that are best for pet hair.
Number 1. Dyson DC35
When you hear the name Dyson, you also hear the word “power”. Dyson are a well know manufacturer of vacuum cleaners and in particular know for their Root Cyclone technology which claims to have no loss in suction. Here are some of DC35’s (learn more here!) best features and benefits;
- The Dyson digital motor gives the DC35 the most power when compared to other cordless vacuums. This has the most power, hands down.
- Root Cyclone technology to maximise the power by cutting out the loss air in suction – this will give the already powerful suction, even more potency
- A mini motorised dedicated tool specifically designed for pet hair removal – with this tool you will rarely ever need to go over the same spot twice. The suction is so effective, it will pick it up in the first pass!
- Detachable long-reach extension to be able to use this handheld vacuum also as an upright vacuum. The long reach extension is made from aluminium so it is very strong while being very light.Need to vacuum your carpet, use it as an upright. Sofas next? Detach the extension and you have a handheld which will also make stairs very easy.
- 2 year parts and labour guarantee
- Ideal for sofas, carpets, hardwood floors, vinyls and ceramics. The one vacuum which will out-perform any other cleaner on any surface!
- A docking station to conveniently store the DC35 away when not in use
- 65 watts
- 15 minutes run time
- 0.35 litre
The most powerful vacuum in terms of suction that I have reviewed. The power of the Dyson simply cannot be beat. It is worth every penny and it is built to last.
Number 2. Bissell Lift Off 10Z3E
The Lift Off by Bissell is next on the list as, very much like the DC35, it also functions well both as an upright cleaner and a handheld. Being cordless and lightweight, the 10Z3E will make cleaning an effortless task.
Here are some features that have earned the 10Z3E second place;
- Detachable upright as well as a handheld vacuum – and it functions very well as both!
- Cordless and high powered with a long lasting battery giving you enough time to clean your floors, stairs and upholsteries
- A built in crevice tool which pops out of the front of the vacuum to assist in getting into those hard-to-reach places
- The brush mode gives you extra power on rugs and carpets to really get in there and give it a deep clean which can be easily turned off at the press of a button while vacuuming hardwood or laminate flooring
- Two way folding handle is a very good feature, this allows you to bend the handle so vacuuming under tables and other appliances can be possible and easy
- 10.8 watts
- 12.5 minutes run time
- 1 litre capacity
A very good “hybrid” vacuum cleaner. It has decent power and some great noteworthy features, in particular the two way folding for cleaning under tables and other furniture. A good buy.
Number 3. Vax H86-GA-P
The only true hand-held cleaner to make it into the top 3, The Vax Gator is a very light and effective vacuum. As far as hand-helds go, this is ideal for pet owners. Here is some more information;
- The Gator is small, light and due to its high powered suction, it makes vacuuming furniture, stairs, sofas, upholsteries and other objects very satisfying.
- Built-in crevice tool which extends from the front of the vacuum makes cleaning the hard to reach places easy.
- The powerful turbo head attachments gives you the extra power you need to clean your carpet, sofas or stairs of pet hair
- A car charger adapter for cleaning in the car
- Flip open the front of the vacuum when filled up to empty – no mess!
- 1010 watts
- 13 minutes run time
- 0.3 litre capacity