Searching through the endless mountain of vacuum products can seem like a monumental task, but if you’re looking for quick affordable cleaning, the Hoover Whirlwind is certainly a contender.
With its sleek and compact shape, this powerful machine is characterized by the red and grey shades on its casing. Nevertheless, it’s what’s on the inside that counts, and we’re going to find out what makes this vacuum tick.
- Lightweight and Space Saving – It’s easy to carry around from room to room and when you’re done you can store it anywhere due to it’s compact shape.
- Bagless with One Touch Bin Empty – This vacuum uses a filter system, which means less effort emptying out the dust especially with its one touch emptying system.
- A 12 Month Guarantee – If your Hoover Whirlwind should be unfortunate to break, this guarantee will provide you with some protection. Just register your vacuum with Hoover to receive this guarantee.
The Hoover Whirlwind has powerful suction which is perfect for hard floors as well as ceilings. The energy rating for hard floors is an ‘A’ which the company has had no difficulty with boasting about in their product descriptions. Yet, other textiles such as carpet have an energy rating of ‘D’, we see what you did there Hoover.
Don’t let the energy ratings put you off though as it’s still a very reliable machine. With its 4 star rating you may feel a bit apprehensive about purchasing this vacuum, but let’s take a look at the facts.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Hoover Whirlwind?
- Easy to use and store
- Great suction, especially for hard floors
- Ideal for pet hairs, this point has been brought up by many buyers who feel it’s been great for them and their pets
- Excellent value for money
- Dusting brush and crevice tool, great for those hard to reach places
You may have to replace the filters every so often, however, regular emptying and managing the cleanliness should lengthen the filter systems life. The emptying system is also very hygenic, so you won’t have to worry about those germs in your vacuum cleaner.
- Less compatible for carpet use
- Dust reemissions on this vacuum have an energy rating of ‘D’, meaning a lot of dust will get churned back into the air
- Frequent emptying of the filter, the filter is small (1.5L) due to the compact nature of the vacuum, which should allow you to clean a few times before having to empty
- Short vacuum hose, depending on your height you might have to bend over to get full usage of this vacuum
- Loudness, there have been complaints that the Whirlwind is loud, it is registered as 85 Decibels, which if listened to continously can damage your ears, however, this being said, it will only affect you if you’re hoovering all day every day
Some have found the 5m cord as well as the 1.5m vacuum hose difficult to work with, which makes it difficult if you’re a tall person and if you have rooms larger than 5m. Yet, unlike the easy option of buying a cordless vacuum, the Hoover Whirlwind does not run out of battery and can provide you with more than an hours cleaning time.
Respectively, the Hoover Whirlwind works predominantly better on hard floors but many have also been amazed at its suction on carpets. Ideally it will at least provide you with spotless hard floors and light cleaning for your carpets. All in all it’s simply just one of those vacuums that you need to try out for yourselves.
You can find this affordable vacuum here
- Compact bagless cleaning
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to use and store
- 2-in-1 cleaning tool
- All Hoover products are guaranteed for a minimum of 12 months; please register your appliance with Hoover